Our Debitoor (part of the SumUp group) office in Copenhagen is looking for a Senior Web Developer. In this role, you’ll contribute to our ambitious goals by making it extremely simple for our merchants to get paid by invoice. You’ll deliver an entirely new product category, owning and managing the development life cycle from coding and testing to deploying in production. A few of the technologies we're leveraging on the web at SumUp include React, Webpack, Mocha, Jest, Node, Storybook, Heroku.
What you’ll do
- Work with a cross-functional team to ship code daily.
- Develop invoicing functionality for our web app, built with React.
- Refine the full stack, from CI/CD tooling, to test automation, building features, running experiments, and monitoring and operations.
- Collaborate with product and design departments to build maintainable, usable and beautiful features.
- Take initiative in pushing projects forward, while validating and communicating your ideas with the team.
- Help us develop our open-source projects and culture.
- Assist in hiring and recruiting efforts to continue to build the team.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You not only love coding, but also take the time to reflect on the benefits and drawbacks of your tools, be they frameworks, languages or processes.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write meaningful tests.
- You care about user interaction, usability and making the interface beautiful.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis.
- You are contributing to open source projects.
- You care deeply about automation and CI/CD.
These skills will help you succeed in this role, but please consider applying even if you don't meet all the requirements.
- Experience with building complex multi-language websites with scalability in mind
- Understanding of web performance and pagespeed optimisation techniques
- Exposure to debugging, monitoring and optimising performance in Node
- Experience with building a performant A/B testing setup and tooling
- Ability to implement design specs precisely
- Command line fundamentals (git, ssh, editing a file on a remote server, reading logs, etc.)
- Proactive attitude and product mindset − you own what you build.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with incremental software development with focus on fast product delivery
- Experience with invoicing and accounting and have an understanding of their complexities
- Fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
Why you should join Debitoor
- A chance to focus on a new product bet with worldwide reach to millions of customers in 50+ countries
- Beautiful office location in central Copenhagen
- A state-of-the-art software development process and a DNA geared on shipping great software products
- A passionate and talented group of people working on a mission together
We exist for the brave individuals, from small businesses to freelancers, who strive to make their business vision a reality. As a professional invoicing and accounting software company, Debitoor runs on 2 rules: make your customers happy and trust your colleagues to make the best decisions. Open and innovative, we strive to consistently bring our customers the best. Now an acquisition of the global FinTech company SumUp, we have tremendous opportunities to spread our mission.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.