How to create a reminder
Issue a first, second, third, or fourth reminder
It's an uncomfortable situation that many entrepreneurs unfortunately find themselves: needing to follow up with customers regarding overdue payments or even use stronger tactics just to get the money they're owed.
In Debitoor, we've made it easy to create and send payment reminders to your customers if their payment is overdue. Once the due date is in the red in your invoice list, it might be time to consider sending that friendly reminder.
Already followed up and need to be slightly more assertive? You can use our pre-written texts or customise the text that appears on your reminder.
It's also possible to include a late fee of your choosing.
Ready to send a reminder? Check out our video for a step-by-step to issuing a reminder and getting closer to getting paid:
Here's a quick breakdown:
- Log in to your Debitoor account and go to your invoice list.
- Open the invoice for which you'd like to send the reminder. Note that the payment must be overdue.
- Click the '...More' button on the top right.
- Select 'Create >' and choose 'Reminder' from the dropdown menu.
- Customise the text, check the details and click 'Create'.
- Next, click 'Send' to email the reminder to your customer.
Your reminder goes straight to your customer, improving your communication by providing a professional way to follow-up and getting you closer to getting paid.
Please note that the payment must be overdue in order for the reminder feature to be accessed.